Daniel Norris is a trial lawyer representing plaintiffs and defendants in commercial litigation, including litigation related to manufacturing, blockchain/cryptocurrency, contractual disputes, product liability claims, warranty claims, trade secrets, personal injuries, and many other matters.
As a blockchain investor and enthusiast, Mr. Norris has expanded both his litigation and outside general counsel practice to represent blockchain / cryptocurrency clients in this rapidly growing space.
Mr. Norris has a history of success as a trial lawyer. To date, he has recovered nearly $220 million for his clients in jury trials and arbitrations. Mr. Norris has broad experience representing businesses and individuals in many types of disputes. For example, he served as trial counsel for a textile manufacturer in a three-week jury trial in Jacksonville, Florida, in which he recovered more than $90 million including interest and attorneys’ fees in a breach of warranty claim against a component supplier. Mr. Norris was selected by his peers in the field of Commercial Litigation for inclusion in the 2023 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, which includes less than 5% of all lawyers.
Mr. Norris is registered as a mediator with the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution. He is available to help businesses and individuals avoid and resolve litigation disputes through mediation. Mr. Norris provides litigants with an independent option outside the big mediation firms where he can use his robust experience in commercial litigation matters of all types to assist parties in reaching a negotiated resolution.
Mr. Norris also provides outside general counsel services to small and medium-sized businesses on a wide variety of contractual and risk management matters. Mr. Norris loves working with entrepreneurs to help them grow their business with the assistance of experienced legal counsel.
Mr. Norris has extensive experience in both state and federal practice, as well as alternative dispute resolution. He represents plaintiffs and defendants in a broad range of subject matters, including general commercial disputes and personal injury claims, applying his unique perspective on litigation strategy and the efficient prosecution of litigation.
Connect with Mr. Norris or obtain further information about his practice via his LinkedIn profile.
- Alston & Bird LLP, Partner (2004 – 2019)
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP, Partner (2019 – 2021)
- Florida State University (J.D., 2004)
- Southern Methodist University (B.A., 2000)
- “Manufacturing a Trade Secret,” Industry Today, Vol. 17, No. 4, June 2014.
- Georgia Appellate Practice Handbook (7th ed. 2012).
- “Jury Selection: Whose Job is It, Anyway?” Georgia State University Law Review, Vol. 23, No. 3, Spring 2007.
- “The Final Frontier of Younger Abstention: The Judiciary’s Abdication of the Federal Court Removal Jurisdiction Statute,” 31 Florida State University Law Review 193, 2003.